Best Practice Recommendation for incorporating video on site
You've partnered with Inform to guide you through the video-first economy, next step is to get onboarded into its system and begin to audit and optimize your site for video.
A. Send Inform a list of each unique site URL and/or content source including:
- Partner Name (to be displayed in Inform's system)
- Logo (200x50 minimum dimension with transparent background, if possible)
- User Demographics
- Estimated monthly page views and breakdown of desktop and mobile traffic
- Parent Organization Name (if different than Partner Name above)
- Mailing Address and Primary Phone Number
- Business, Technical and Editorial Contacts' Email Addresses and Titles
B. (If necessary) Organize original content and prepare for the upload process, Inform supports three options to ingest your content.
- File should not exceed 1.5 GB.
- Supported Codecs: 3GP, AVI, FLV, M4V, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, MTS, WMV, and Quicktime
- Optimal width is 640px wide.
File naming best practices:
- When creating file or folder/directory name, limit your filenames to the following characters: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and underscore (_)
- Avoid using other special characters in a file name (including / \ : * ? “ < > | [ ] & $ , .)
- Use underscores instead of periods or spaces
- Do include a single period as a separator along with the standard file extension (.jpg, .mp4, .flv, .mrss, etc.)
- Generally, 25 characters or less are sufficient to capture enough descriptive information for naming a file
Metadata fields available:
- Video Title
- Video Description
- Event Date
- Closed Caption
C. Prepare your site for implementation of Inform Video Players.
Script Tag to Enable Use of the Inform Player Suite
<script> tag needed is shown below:
<script> tag must be placed before any configurable
<div> elements on the page and is recommended to be placed it within the page's