This guide explains how to view a 'Video Card' in Inform's Digital Media Exchange (DME), and breaks down its components.
What is a Video Card? A Video Card is a foundational component of Inform's Digital Media Exchange (DME). Being a Content Management System (known as a 'CMS') for digital video content, Video Cards make up a large portion of the individual views, or panes, users will see when uploading, transcoding, editing, and embedding videos. Video Panes will be used to view video metadata, add videos to Playlists, and copy/paste Embed Code to webpages manually. A lot of information has been provided in this compact screen!
The easiest way to pull up a Video Card:
- Login into DME (https://dme.inform.com/). If you do not have credentials, you may either email your Inform contact, or the support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If not already there, navigate to the Media section via the video camera option.
- Users should be able to view the Videos screen, populated with Video Cards:
Components of a Video Card
- Time since upload/post to DME
- Video 'Select' functionality; when one or more videos are selected, users may batch add to playlist(s) and perform actions on the videos as a group
- Current video thumbnail
- Duration of the video (mins:secs)
- Video title
- Date of post/publish
- Video ID; this is a unique, 8-digit, Inform-assigned number given to every video asset uploaded and transcoded to the DME; this number may be used with embed code to specify a certain asset (data-video-id="########")
- Content provider logo and name; users may click on the logo or name to filter the video search results by provider name and tracking group
Components of the Video Edit Pane
If the user clicks on the time since upload (#1 above), thumbnail (#3), duration (#4), or title (#5), the Video Edit pane will pop-out, giving further detail about the asset, and allowing for interaction with the video itself (manual embed).
- Video Title
- Content Provider/Source
- 'X' out of Video Edit Pane; return to DME view panes
- Video ID
- Copy Video ID
- Add to Playlist
- Choose Site Section (will affect tracking and analytics breakouts; gives more detail)
- Embed Code snippet; will change with player behavior settings (see #14)
- Video Title (in player)
- Content Provider (in player)
- Information Button (in player)
- Playback Button (in player)
- Copy Embed Code
- Player Behavior Settings --> will prompt another pop-out, more settings (see below)
- Show Embed.js code; belongs in the <head> section of every page Inform Player is placed upon
- Video Description
- Video Keywords
- Video Event Date (date recorded)
- Video Post Date (date uploaded to DME)
- Video Expiration Date (date expires for use)
- Video Duration/Length
The Player Behavior Pop-Out (Changing Embed Code)
Users will be able to change the player behavior after clicking on the gear icon below the Embed Code generator (see below). Users will be able to affect change on sizing, start behavior, floating behavior (recommended), floating position, and playlist carousel (backing content).