Uploading Video to the Digital Media Exchange
The Digital Media Exchange allows users to upload video to the Inform online video platform from anywhere with an internet connection. Follow these steps in order to upload video:
- Log into the Inform Digital Media Exchange (http://dme.inform.com). If you do not have credentials to login, please reach out to your Inform Account Manager in order to create and/or confirm them.
- Go to the Media tab.
- Click the Videos drop down in the upper left corner, select Uploads.
- In the upper-right corner of the Uploads screen, click on the Add Video button.
- This will bring up the 'File Chooser' pane, in which users may either choose files in a prompt window or drag them into the pane to upload them.
- This will bring up the Video 'Upload' pane, in which users may watch the progress of their upload, edit metadata, and control the visibility of the video asset.
- After video is finished uploading, make sure to tailor your metadata specifically to that video, for good metadata will allow for easy search by not only the uploading party, but also the Inform partner-base (Content Creators; if video asset is public). Title, Description, Category, and Keywords should be as specific as possible.
- Choose to make your video Public or Private. Make sure to edit and choose the Thumbnail image (.jpg, .png, .giff), and add a Closed Caption file (.dfxp, .json, .ttml, .vtt, .xml) if needed.
- Once all metadata fields are filled out as desired, click the Process button at the bottom right of the Upload pane.
- Give the video a few minutes to propagate across Inform's storage space and Digital Media Exchange. Once fully processed, users may then search and place the video.