Editing a Video in the Digital Media Exchange
The Edit function in Inform's DME allows users to change myriad metadata fields for their own content only (content that has been uploaded through their publisher account). When trying to edit a video or any of its metadata, one must make sure to navigate to the correct area of DME, in order to see the edit button.
Digital Media Exchange allows a user to edit the following metadata fields:
- Thumbnail Image (.jpg, .png, .giff)
- Closed Caption file (.dfxp, .json, .ttml, .vtt, .xml)
- Event date (Published Date) & Time
- Expiration Date & Time
These metadata fields allow all Inform Digital Media Exchange users to search for and find material they would like to use. Inform recommends the use of clear and uniform metadata convention--to allow for easy use of content in-story by not only colleagues, but also others within our partnership-base (if uploading video for 'public' use).
Here are the steps users should follow to edit video metadata:
- Sign into Inform's Digital Media Exchange (https://dme.inform.com).
- If not already in the Media section, navigate to it via the video camera icon in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- In the upper left corner, click the Videos dropdown, and select "Uploads".
- In the Uploads screen, you will only be allowed to edit the video(s) you have uploaded, or have been uploaded in your Publisher's account. Users may search by event date, keywords, and any number of source/user filters.
- Select video for editing by clicking on the "pencil" icon above the video, in the video card.
- Edit the fields you wish in the Edit pane.
- Click the Save Changes button on the bottom right, in order to publish your changes to the video metadata.