The Inform Slider
Seated comfortably in a website's right rail, this product previews video playback via rich-media monetization (RMM), then transitions into a carousel of thumbnail images that, when clicked, launch the video player in a modal window--to begin content playback with an accompanying pre-roll ad.
*Please Note: the Inform Slider should be created and placed with the assistance or guidance of an Inform employee. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
**Please Note: the
data-config-id attribute (see below) must be allocated and designated for this product to work properly. This unique number can be created in the DME or Control Room, or given to you by an Inform Support team member.
Script Tag to Enable Use of the Inform Player Suite
<script> tag needed is shown below:
<script> tag must be placed before any configurable
<div> elements on the page and is recommended to be placed it within the page's
For the Slider product, the following config settings are available:
- class — this must be
- data-config-id — specifies a 'widget' ID pertaining to a set of default configuration settings generated within DME; a config ID is REQUIRED; see article on Creating Video Products in the DME
- data-type — specifies this product is a Slider by providing the value
- data-tracking-group — specifies the distribution partner's tracking group used for reporting; this config setting is critical in associating distribution partners with their revenue
- data-site-section — specifies the section this product is being placed within a distribution partner's website, this is used for analytics purposes
- data-playlist-id — specifies a playlist ID (of a playlist created within the Digital Media Exchange, or DME) of videos to play
Videos Specified by Playlist ID
Using videos from a playlist specified by the "playlistId" config setting, this product provides a carousel of rotating images that when clicked on, launch a new video player within a modal window.
data-config-id="34408" <!--please notify Inform employee for help creating id-->
This product sits in a website's 'right rail', or side column, and automatically adjusts to fill the container, or horizontal space given (responsive sizing by default). The Slider must be a minimum of 300 pixels wide in order to be monetized properly.
If the Slider is embedded within a container element of width 300 pixels or less, the product fills its minimum width of 300 pixels. If the product is placed within a container that is a width greater than 300 pixels (say 330 pixels for example), then the product only fills said space.