This product is the main video player used at the top of article pages, which plays video specified by video ID. This product also has features Inform's floating behavior and polite auto-play for enhanced engagement.
Script Tag to Enable Use of the Inform Player Suite
<script> tag needed is shown below:
<script> tag must be placed before any configurable
<div> elements on the page and is recommended to be placed it within the page's
The list of config settings that are recognized vary depending on what type of product is being embedded. For this product, the following config settings are available:
- data-type — specifies this product is a Single player by providing the value
- data-config-id — specifies an ID pertaining to a set of default config settings generated within DME
- data-tracking-group — specifies the distribution partner's tracking group used for reporting; this config setting is critical in associating distribution partners with their revenue
- data-site-section — specifies the section this product is being placed within a distribution partner's website, this is used for analytics purposes
- data-playlist-id — specifies a playlist ID (of a playlist created within DME) of videos to play
- data-video-id — specifies a video ID of the first video to be loaded into the video player
- data-width — specifies the width of the product, measured in pixels, which if not explicitly provided defaults to 100% of its container element. The height of the element is determined automatically using the width of the product and a 16:9 aspect-ratio.
- data-aspect-ratio — Set to 16:9, or wide-screen, by default, this setting may also be set to 4:3.
- data-float — Specifies the position of the floating player, which scrolls with the user as he or she descends/ascends the page.
Video Specified by Video ID
The most straight-forward way the Single player is used is by explicitly specifying the video ID of the video to get loaded first into the video player. This is accomplished by providing the "videoId" config setting along with the other needed config settings used for tracking as seen in the embed code shown below:
Video Specified by Playlist ID
In addition to specifying a specific video to get loaded first into the video player, the first video within a playlist may be used instead. This is accomplished by specifying a playlist with the "playlistId" config setting, not using the "videoId" config setting, and using all other needed config settings used for tracking as seen in the embed code shown below:
The "videoId" and "playlistId" config settings may be used together as well so that after the video specified by the "videoId" config setting is finished playing, the first video within the playlist specified (by the "playlistId" config setting) begins playing. Example embed code is shown below:
When this feature is enabled, the Single player switches into a "floated" mode when it is engaged in video playback and moves out of view (vertically) within the browser. The player will be reduced to a smaller, fixed side, and be placed into the position indicated. The configurable setting or attribute used to set this value is data-float.
Partners may choose any one of nine floating positions, with best practice placing the floating player in one of the browser window's four corners (highlighted; get best view-ability). The list of positions is as follows:
- top left (data-float="top left")
- top center
- top right
- middle left
- middle center
- middle right
- bottom left
- bottom center
- bottom right (data-float="bottom right")
Once the video player gets floated, the user may drag the player anywhere within the browser's window by clicking and dragging the title bar of the floated player. If the floated player is dragged close to one of the window's edges then it will conveniently snap into place along said edge.
When the auto-play behavior is enabled for the Single player, the player will automatically begin playback once the page loads unless a user toggles off this behavior.
The toggle for auto-play is located just below the player's bottom right corner.
If a user clicks on the "Off" option within the toggle, then playback will not begin automatically whatsoever for the partner website's Single player products until the user chooses the "On" option, or until the browser cache is cleared. Opening an 'incognito' or 'private' browser window will also reset the behavior, which is based on browser session data.
Full List of Single Player Attributes & Configuration Settings
The following list may appear anywhere inside the configurable player <div> tag, separated by at least one white space.
*Please Note: The Single Player is responsive by default.
- data-float ("bottom-left", "top-right", etc.)
- data-width (% or px)
- data-height (%, px, or 9w/16)
- data-aspect-ratio (16:9 or 4:3)