If you have attempted to upload a video to the DME or Control Room and still do not see it available in the content library, please contact your Inform Manager or PartnerSupport@inform.com with the following detailed information. This is necessary for the troubleshooting process to begin, so that our technical engineers can begin diagnosing the issue ASAP.
1. Upload method: manually via the Control Room or DME? manually from a mobile device via the NDN app or DME? feed? FTP?
2. Internet connection: cellular? public wifi? corporate network?
3. Credentials used: username and password
4. Content title
5. Time and time zone of first upload attempt
6. Video file (you may send via wetransfer.com). Please keep the file name, extension, and size consistent with what you attempted.
Some common factors that cause content ingestion to stall include:
Special characters in the file name
Closing the browser before processing is complete
File type or size is not compliant with our supported specs:
- File should not exceed 1.5 GB.
- Supported Codecs: 3GP, AVI, FLV, M4V, MOV, MP4, MPEG, MPG, MTS, WMV, and Quicktime
- Optimal width is 640px wide.
File naming best practices:
- When creating file or folder/directory name, limit your filenames to the following characters: A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and underscore (_)
- Avoid using other special characters in a file name (including / \ : * ? “ < > | [ ] & $ , .)
- Use underscores instead of periods or spaces
- Do include a single period as a separator along with the standard file extension (.jpg, .mp4, .flv, .mrss, etc.)
- Generally, 25 characters or less are sufficient to capture enough descriptive information for naming a file